Friday, July 10, 2015

Weather

It is amazing to me how the weather in the ozarks changes from year to year. We have had more rain in June and into July than I can ever remember. Usually my yard is in the process of dying, but it is green and full of life. I drove over to my mother's house to see my nephew and saw a school building and three businesses flooded a foot up their foundations. My drive took me by the Finley river which had turned into a raging monster destroying everything in it's path. The river had gone feet above it's banks. I probably should have taken another route, like the highway, to go to my mom's house. I was stuck in traffic for thirty minutes. I work down in Branson and have seen the flooding caused by the rain saturate the city, I have seen on the news how people are having to be evacuated in Carthage and areas all over south- western Missouri. I pray for those people's safety. I am dumb-founded by the amount of rain the area is getting. Hopefully, the rain is through with us for now, and we can enjoy the summer in the following months. It's funny, because I bet I will be praying for rain by the end of July. It has definitely had an effect on my mowing this year. My yard looks like a jungle as I look out of my window.  Luckily I live at the top of a hill, so I do not have water standing in my yard. I guess it goes to show that we never know what the weather in the ozarks has in store for us. I think that I will go mow my yard now. I can't stand looking at it any longer. Wish me luck! Here is a picture of the flooding in Ozark.

1 comment:

  1. Denton,
    I am so over the rain. Our drive and private road has washed out twice. It seems like that all it has done is rain rain rain, for weeks now. I guess we should all be glad it came to us in rain this late spring early summer, rather than snow this winter.

    ReplyDelete