Sunday, July 12, 2015

Swimming

Since I was a kid I have enjoyed going to the pool and swimming. My grandparents used to have a pool and my brother and I would go every other day all summer. We would play with cousins, friends and celebrate being a kid. I am passing that tradition to my son. We just got back from the pool today, where we played, splash and generally enjoyed the sun and each other's company. Growing up in the ozarks has led me to the lakes on several occasions. We used to have a boat in the family that we could take out when we wanted. I always say that I grew up in the wrong place. I should have been raised by the beach in Florida or California. I have always loved the water and appreciated the relaxing qualities of laying aimlessly in the sun.We are entering the hot, dry part of the year, so here comes the sun. I love this time of the year. Well, as long as the air conditioner is working.

3 comments:

  1. I love to swim. I would spend everyday at the creek as a kid, catching tad poles, making little pools surrounded by rocks for them. I love good old swimming pools now with my kids. It is a germ thing. It doesn't matter though, every time we go fishing, somehow my little boy ends up in the lake swimming and making it impossible to catch anything. The older girls enjoy the fishing part, so they get pretty bummed. They are on a swim team, so they get plenty of swimming in every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denton,
    Like you, I believe I should have been raised on the beach. I enjoy swimming and playing sand volleyball, prime beach activities.
    We went sailing on Stockton Lake as a family a couple weeks ago, and we go skiing/wakeboarding once or twice a year. But to have your own boat - that would be amazing!
    Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy more of this beautiful, hot weather once summer classes end. I'll probably be at the pool multiple times a week once that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love swimming, although this hot weather has made it almost to hot. Our pool feels like bath water, and isn't really enjoyable till night. But I love to night swim as well.

    ReplyDelete