Monday, July 6, 2015

Music

Music has always been near to my heart and I connect with the emotion that is displayed through it. I have always had a wide variety of music to listen to through my life. It does not matter what emotion or mindset I am in, music always talks to me in a way that soothes my mind.  That what music is for, right? People have been producing music for an untold time putting their thoughts and feelings into it. Think of Mozart or Beethoven producing their beautiful concerto's. Where does all of that music come from? It comes from one's heart and experiences. Music is the perfect avenue to make a statement, sometimes without saying a word. I can feel the anger or the love portrayed in songs. Look at the differences in Metallica's songs compared to George Strait. Different demographics have different types of methods and genres, making different points. I think it is great that the world has music being a soundtrack to people's lives. I have been lucky enough to perform music my whole life. I do not know what I would do without this release. I also play the guitar and piano. Instruments speak through their strings and notes too. I can play a guitar and reflect the mood I am. Every instrument has it's voice and this voice can be used by the player to produce a personal song. I have written music since I was a kid and it has helped me through good and bad times. Music is a friend who is always there if your heart is open. Everyone has a different way of speaking through music and that is what makes it so dynamic. Just the other day I wrote a song for my son that he is still singing days later. There is nothing more heartwarming than thinking that, through music, my son is happy and content.

1 comment:

  1. Music has always been near to my heart and I too connect with the emotion that is displayed through it. I have am not a singer nor am I a player of instruments, but to me being a music fan doesn't mean you have to do either. My music variety spans from George Strait to Stevie Ray Vaughn. From Bob Seger to Nickelback. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on music!

    ReplyDelete