Saturday, July 4, 2015

Florida



Recently my wife, son and I went to Florida. We drove there after work one night and sixteen hours later, there we were. My son is three so we had to stop several times for feeding and potty breaks. All in all it was pretty painless. We rented a condo in Destin, Fl. and the moment I pulled up to it, I was amazed at how close the ocean was. The beach was breathtaking and my son swam in his first ocean. We made sandcastles and felt the water on our toes. I say we, because my wife and son would not go in the water. I guess my wife has watched one too many episodes of "Shark Week"? My wifes grandparents and my family all were at the beach for three days. This is only the third time that I have gone to the ocean. Coincidently, this has been in Florida all three times. We drove out through the city and found many places to shop and eat. I left the shopping to the ladies while I hang out back at the beach. The restaurants were amazing! Two of them were right on the water, permitting an awesome view while eating. I found it relaxing to lay on the beach, close my eyes, and listen to all of those foriegn sounds like seagulls screeching, the wave's anthem steadily sweeping it's tempo to the sand and back again.  I have said since I was a kid that I wanted to live by the ocean. The few chances I have had have been amazing memories for me. My wife and I often joke about moving to live by the ocean and I would just be a beach bum and wax surfboards. Obviously we will have to figure something different out for me before we can do that. Although, one never knows where they will end up. I there's one thing in this life that I know, it is that life is unpredictable.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your experiences by the ocean in Florida. I was fortunate enough to visit the beach almost every summer, as my grandparents live in Jessup, Georgia, just about 2 hours from the Jacksonville, FL beach. Building sandcastles was fun, but having the sand in your hair and clothes, having to vacuum out grandpa's truck when we got home, was not the highlight of our beach trips.Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete