Thursday, July 2, 2015

Juggling college, work and family

July 2nd, 2015

Juggling college, work and family is not always easy. I have found that it is possible though. Management of time is the key. I work nights so I find it productive to do homework after I get home from work. This way I have time with my family in the afternoon. I have a few hours to do work in the day, but when everyone is sleeping at night seems to be the best time for me to concentrate. I have some friends that have different schedules and different study patterns. I guess it is whatever works best for your situation. Sometimes it is tough to stay up after work, but I always seem to complete my assignments on time. I do not know what I would do if I was sick or my son did not sleep well through the night. I guess I would just do as much as I could while taking care of him. I have only started college and have not had to go physically to college. I guess I will figure that out and manage my time accordingly. My cousin is going to her school while trying to be a mom and work. She is not being able to get all of her work done and struggling with the whole concept. It really does just come down to evaluating your time and proceeding accordingly. I have found college fun and challenging to this point. I just hope that I can keep the pace in the rest of my courses. Things like doctors appointments and special work functions are coming up, so we'll see what happens? I guess I should just take it a day at a time while doing my best to keep up. I have an optimistic view on life, so I think I will do fine. I wish I could go back to my younger self and say "you have really got it easy, enjoy yourself." I think I would also tell myself to get college done so I would already have accomplished my degree. Man, that would be nice. Oh well, hindsight is 20\20. Everything happens for a reason, and all in it's  own time. All I can do is move forward, I cannot go back.

378 words

2 comments:

  1. I find it quite ironic that I came across this post. Not ten minutes ago I was talking to my wife about the same thing as we're in the same predicament. Although I've only been a parent for a little over two-months I have quickly found out how difficult juggling: work, school, and family life can be. If you get over-loaded or slip in one, it's inevitable at least one other will suffer in some way trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it one day at a time is all we can ever do isn't it? A new day, new problem. But I am glad you wrote about this. You brought it to my attention, and I have started to step back and look at what all I have going on in my life. Wondering if everything is working out well. Is anything struggling or suffering? I don't have a husband or children yet, but I still have a relationship and family that I don't want to let slip or suffer. Thank you for writing about this topic!

    ReplyDelete