Thursday, July 16, 2015

dreams

I have often wondered and studied a little into the meaning of dreams. I have learned that many have the dream of not being able to move as some horrific event unfolds. This is a representation of not having control over a situation. People that have these dreams often feel helpless in some situation whether it involves work or personal issues. The dream of falling is another common dream people have. I have never had this dream. I dream of flying freely through the air instead. I don't know if this means that I want to escape from something, or just that i feel free? I find it very interesting that our brain works these images into our dreams based on events and emotions that we are going through. Studies have said that we only use 10 percent of our brain. It makes one wonder what would be possible if we used half or all of our brain. I think it would "blow our mind", pun intended. I think as humans go through another 1,000 years, they will use more of their brains than ever. I won't be around for that, but it is interesting to ponder. Good lord willing, I think that humans today wouldn't even recognize the traits and abilities our future race will attain. Sometimes I wonder if God intended us to use all of our brain, or if he just gives us access to what we need? These answers will never be answered until I meet the big man upstairs. I digress, I do believe that dreams have a significant meaning to each individual. Maybe I should be a Psychologist. I bet studying the human condition would be very challenging and enlightening.

1 comment:

  1. I also often wonder about dreams. Sometimes they are so vivid and real, and sometimes they bring someone back from the past. I to, like you believe there is some significance in dreams. I bought a dream book at one time just to research it.

    ReplyDelete