Friday, June 26, 2015

The Doctor

I went to the doctor today to have my annual checkup. I always get nervous when I go to my doctor. Even though I've always been healthy and never had any problems, I guess I am thinking that this is the time that I'm going to get bad news. There is something about going into a room and sitting with all of these cold tables and utensils that just seems alien. When the doctor comes in, he is always pleasant, but the whole atmosphere has  already put me on edge. I do not think I'm the only one who feels like this. There is a certain stigma with the doctors office that generally puts people on edge. Think about it, the doctors office is always the place that you get the bad news. My father wouldn't even go unless he was about to fall over. I have known many people that react the same way. After my dad passed away, I make it a habit of going regularly. Since his death, I have found myself more nervous when going. I'm always thinking "This is the time when you get the bad news." I know this adds to my paranioa. Am I crazy to think this? Anyway, the older I get, the harder it is to go through the process of getting a checkup. I know it is best to go, but sometimes I think that I am just torturing myself. I'll just wait for the bloodwork to come back and try not to dwell on things I can't change. I guess doctors are there to help, huh?

267 words

No comments:

Post a Comment