Monday, June 29, 2015

Cars

I have always been obsessed with cars. Old, new, modified, it doesn't matter. I can find something to appreciate from almost any vehicle. I find myself looking and appreciating all different kind of cars when I'm driving. My wife says it's a guy thing, and maybe that's true. I have several friends that feel the same way. I know that cars are like boats, just money pits that depreciate in value every day. That fact doesn't stop me from really admiring these metal beasts. I'm a Chevy guy, so Camaros and pickup trucks really excite me. Even though everybody and their brother seem to drive one, I still find myself starring at them. I had a 98' 1500 Chevrolet step side truck when I was a teenager. I lifted it up and put big tires on it and truely cherished that truck. That was back before I had a child and more important priorities. I drive a chevy malibu now. A great family sedan, but no Camaro. It's amazing how your priorities change when you have a family. I wouldn't trade them for any car. I think my car obsession is passing to my son. He always says "look at that big truck", or "nice car dude". This amuses me greatly. It does not amuse my wife. She says "I don't need two of you talking about cars all the time now." I also like the Dodge Charger. I would prefer a classic model, but I also like the new ones. One day when I am rich "hahaha" I'll have my choice of cars to purchase. That is after I get done paying for my son's college.

5 comments:

  1. Denton,
    Not sure it's a guy thing. I love cars too. It started in high school, when we would all hang out and I would watch the guys add intakes and spoilers, among other things. Mostly preludes and civic, but I always like the big heavy bodied muscle car. Maybe it was a family thing too. I have two cousins named Shelby. I never cared for the mustangs, especially in the eighties. Yikes. My husband threatens often to lift his truck, add a chip and some glass packs. Not going to happen. Plus, I have a hard enough time getting the kids in the truck as it is. Can't imagine it being higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear from a female perspective on cars that's not negative. You are few and far between. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
    2. It's nice to hear from a female perspective on cars that's not negative. You are few and far between. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. Denton, I'm a car guy too. Though I was raised more of a Ford person, I'd say I'm more of a Dodge guy. However I'm not dead set against Chevy and I have an appreciation for about any old car, especially the muscle cars. I also like motorcycles. Like you, when I get "get rich".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raised in a Chevy family, if you know what I mean. I often got crap for liking an old chevelle or charger. I'm glad to hear from another car enthusiast! motorcycles are sweet too, but I think my wife would kill me. Thanks for the shout-out Lucas.

    ReplyDelete