Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jung Typology Test Reflection

I took the Jung Typology Test and was interested in the results.  I'm apparently ISFP which describes me as a procrastinator along with being, "flexible, practical, action-oriented, and empathetic."(Jung) The test also concluded that, "I am often light-hearted, joyful, and easy-going."(Jung) Thinking on this I agree with most conclusions, but was surprised with the part that said I did not think about future implications for my actions. As I say this out loud my wife smiles and says, "That does describe you totally!" We banter shortly before I conclude she is correct, like always! It is amusing to me how other people close to you can
sometimes see you better than you see yourself.

I have always been there for people and felt like I was considerate of their feelings. One can never be too old to learn more about themselves. I find it interesting that a test can really encompass everyone in the world, but maybe that is just my ISFP traits talking?

When I scrolled down to the Career section I saw examples of jobs that would be fitting for me. "Reflects their inner values and fulfills a greater purpose, meets a need, or helps others."( Jung) These were represented by several occupations including : physical therapy and massage therapy. It looks like I am heading for the right job field. The Jung test has all kinds of lists pertaining to me and my career decisions and college decisions. Reflecting back on this test will help me in school and in the my occupations in the future.  


https://thepurpleenglishteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/isfp.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment