Friday, June 26, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis

I really enjoyed reading everyone's questions and comments on the discussion board. In reading the "what is your dream job" answers I was surprised at how selfless a lot of my classmates were. Dream occupations included registered nurse, psychiatrist, school nurse and working at a nonprofit animal shelter. People that want to give for the wellbeing of others often the happiest in my view. I did not answer this question, but would have to say that I love to sing. I do that for a living now. If I had to pick another occupation, it would definitely be one that helps people. I have a big heart and find joy in helping others.

Professor Anthony's question about what color is your attitude really got me thinking. I immediately felt like I knew the class a little better by how they represented their attitudes with colors. I could relate to aspects of all colors, but to pick one was a little tricky. I also enjoyed Abbie Jones's answer to Carrie Sandwald's what three people past, present, and future; would you have dinner with. One of Abbie's answers was her future self. Think of all the things one could learn and change. That would be a very interesting conversation. Although, sometimes I think we are not meant to know what the future holds.

Our class has answered through the discussion:

1: Hawaii or other tropical destinations are the favorite places to live. I think that tropical destinations are high on the list because of where we live. Maybe it would be different if we lived in Florida?
2: Our classes favorite flowers are roses, followed by lilies and daisies. My choice would be calla lilies. My wife and I love the shape and design of these flowers.
3: Top choice for a roommate are family or friends. No one beats a family member or trusted friend with living with you. I would like to answer this question now by saying my wife. My wife and I have been roommates for eight years, and I have grown to trust and appreciate her more with each passing day. I can not imagine a day without her.

One thing that surprised me was the classes favorite singers. I have not even heard of some of these artists and I am a singer. I guess I am just getting old and out of touch with the times. It is amazing to me how much this country has to offer in different varieties of music. Music has been the focus of my life and I am always open to different kinds from all over. I will have to check in on some of these artists.

I believe that I have learned a lot more about my classmates through these discussions and I have had a glimpse into knowing them better. I have some new music to listen to, different flowers to appreciate, a wider belief in family values, some new vacation destinations and a deeper respect for my classmates. I am amazed at the commonalities of my class. It just goes to show you that the people in this world are not always so different.

1 comment:

  1. Denton, your class had some really good questions. As I read through the ones you talked about, I tried to answer a few of them for myself. Abby's response to the question of what three people was pretty interesting. It might be kind of neat to have that conversation with yourself, but then I have a tendency to agree maybe we aren't meant to know what the future holds. I think its neat that you are a musician. I like a pretty wide variety but I think that's because my sisters and I were brought up more with music than TV. They taught us kids a lot. But like you, the questions my class came up with really gave me a glimpse into knowing the better, too. And it is amazing that though we are all different, going down our own path, there are many commonalities among us. I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing a part of your class with us.

    ReplyDelete